Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Kitchari

This is what I'm eating all week this week for lunch and dinner.  It is a traditional ayurvedic dish used for cleansing.  It's very nutritious, easy to digest and tasty!

Kitchari

I think it's important for those of us with food allergies to take extra measures to take care of our gut.  For me, this means occasional cleansing.  I am not a believer in extreme diets with severe calorie restriction or highly processed meal replacement shakes.  I couldn't make it a day on a juice cleanse and the Master Cleanse seems ridiculous to me.  If you want to do a cleanse (and your Doc says it OK) you could eat fruit for breakfast and Kitchari for lunch and dinner for anywhere from 1 - 14 days.  For more info on a complete cleanse protocol click here.

You can also follow the results of my personal 7 Day Cleanse here.

No comments:

Post a Comment